Tuesday, March 12, 2019

DDPY Positively Unstoppable Challenge February Accomplishments

We're a third of the way through March already, so its a little weird to be writing my Feb accomplishments post now, but I procrastinated, so here I am.  I've learned my lesson and am working on the March accomplishments post as the month progresses so that 1) it will be ready to go come the end of the month, and 2) so that I can be sure to record my accomplishments and struggles as they happen and not forget anything!

February out with a with a surprise 8th place on the DDPY leaderboard (down from 721 the night before lol)  I didn't believe it at first - I though the app glitched.  But someone kindly explained that they reset the board at the beginning of each month.  I ended up getting to the NUMBER 8 RANKING!!  HOLY MOLY, 8 IS GREAT!!  However, I didn't take advantage of this in the moment.  It didn't feel real, and because the jump in ranking was so big from one day to the next, I couldn't wrap my brain around the idea that I had actually earned that.  I also had to take it easy a little in February due to some intense hamstring soreness and getting a terrible cold.  At months end I ended up somewhere around 200 on the leaderboard, but I set the goal to get to #1.

Additionally, I had a different sort of huge win in February, which is that I cancelled my hysterectomy surgery.  When I went to my pre-op appointment, the surgeon was telling me something very different than what my referring Dr. had told me.  I was like "What the hell is going on here?!?"  After talking to my regular Dr, it seems that the surgeon was reading the incorrect test results.  However, I did get something very good out of the appointment, which is that even with her reading the incorrect test, I still got better clarity about the conditions that would make the operation necessary as opposed to elective.  Having previously been under the impression (because my gyno was pushing it) that the surgery was necessary although not urgent, I now have some objective criteria that will help me to make the decision when the time comes. But the craziest thing?!?  About 5 days after my scheduled surgery date the news came out that a team of Mexican scientists has a cure for HPV using drugs that make your cells photosensitive and then blasting the cells with some kind of frequency of light.  So I may never need the operation at all.  WINNING. 

I was super excited to get my credit card debt under $1000 but at the end of the month (due to an error processing my paycheck  once I cancelled my surgery time off at work) my cc debt hovered slightly over $2000, which is annoying but not an actual problem.



DDPY 
DDPY daily (missed 2 days)2 blog entries
Set goal to acheive the #1 ranking on the DDPY Leaderboard and commenced
Visibly increased flexibility on Roundhouse 
Weight at 138lbs (down from 150lbs)

Singing
Music Theory class - 0%-47%
Sing @ Alessia's
2 voice lessons
Practiced singing daily
Incorporated several new consonants and a few new vowel phonemes into my diction toolbox

Working for Myself - Improving my Employment Situation
-Attended BNI biz referral meeting
-Made underpants sample
-Alterations for clients
-Finished knitting Vernal Equinox Shawl
-Applied to Fit Engineer job at Mountain Hardwear
-Made rayon challis shirt sample - spec'd garment, digital pattern, digital illustraition, made sample
-Set goal of clearing my sewing basket and commenced

No comments:

Post a Comment