Friday, February 1, 2019

DDPY Positively Unstoppable Challenge January Accomplishments

January has been about repair, preparation, planning, and empowerment.  It's been about bringing things back under my control and setting myself up to be successful in 1) the DDPY Positively Unstoppable Challenge, 2) my goal of becoming a great singer, and 3) my goal of supporting myself through my own dressmaking/patternmaking business.  Although at times this month has felt like a slog, I feel empowered.  I started the challenge on December 31, the day that it was officially announced, and I'm proud to have made great use of my time.  

Here's a list of my January accomplishments categorized by my goals:

DDPY Fitness 
  • Completed at at least one DDPY workout every day for 31 days
  • Learned how to use the timer on my phone camera
  • Got a tripod for easier photography  
  • Created DDPY challenge calendar and activity/achievement log   
  • Mapped out DDP Own Your Life Audiobook 10 principles to owning your life
  • Figured out iMovie basics
  • Solved iCloud storage problem so I can edit submission videos 
  • Took my 1st 6 photos
  • Took my 2nd 6 photos - much increased flexibility!
  • Lost 10lbs total - only 5 more to go!
  • Lost 1 1/2" on my waist and 1 1/2" on my hips!
  • Purchased a heart rate monitor
  • Purchased and reading (70% through) Positively Unstoppable: The Art of Owning It

Singing Goal
  • Set smaller singing goals
  • Practiced Singing 21 out of 31 days
  • Video recorded all January voice lessons, Thanks Paige!
  • Edited voice lesson videos into movies for my reference & for DDPY submission
  • Got my phone headphone jack issue solved (paid $40 to figure out that it was just the goddamn cord), but thankfully now I'm back to singing in the car for practice
  • Practiced music with Charlie, Sonic Bunker (Thanks Jim!), and Alessia & co.
  • Registered for an artist profile on NBC's The Voice
  • Reviewed my voice lesson videos several times & expanded my notes
  • Posted 1st singing blog for DDPY documentation
  • Started Udemy Music Theory Course 
  • Learned MuseScore basics

 Working for Myself Goal
  • Got my website back after 3 years of my ex-husband holding it hostage 
  • Website email and blog functions fixed and in working order - Thank you Carleigh!
  • Purchased a garment steamer
  • Researched viable patternmaking software alternatives to Gerber
  • Had an informational meeting with Optitex sales rep
  • Cleaned Cutting and Sewing Tables
  • Taught a bellydance costuming workshop, Thanks Liz and co!
  • Made a Harry Potter costume in exchange for website transfer
  • Taken on 3 new alterations clients
  • Used professional photography lighting setup for the first time (I've had it for more than a year and never used it)
  • Went to a BNI business networking referral group meeting
  • Earned $755 working for myself during January

Other January Wins
  • CANCELLED SURGERY
  • Applied for a job at Mountain Hardwear
  • Got my laptop fixed and in working order, Thanks Nicole!
  • Retrieved my wifi password

Alright February, BRING IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment